Monday, March 28, 2016

Small Blessings

   The gods have sent me down more than one path but in the end it's my own. As I was in the tub with my bird(Don't judge me). I was reading a dear friends blog on how a young man asked for money to help go on a mission trip. He was a catholic and she realized that the trip itself and what they were doing was more important than what they were saying. In thinking of myself and how I see the world around me. More people need to look at what one is doing not saying.
    That little voice inside us doesn't always need to yell out. Hey look what I'm doing!! We need to show the world how to be kinder in actions not just talking and spewing what the right thing to do is. How can we go about showing the good in our every day lives. Do you Pay It Forward! Or do you yell you damn homeless need to get a job. Or no one helped me. But yes someone once did help you! You may not remember this moment. What if you were in line and didn't have enough change and the cashier let you slide with that ten cents you didn't have. Or you got in trouble outside and your friend took the heat whether it was right or wrong they still stood up for you.
       So when you can do a kind act. It might not mean anything to you, but to the other person you gave a bit of help to, you might have made their day. Here's one of my personal experiences. Now to some this might just be good customer service. But it made this person feel as if they won the lottery. A lady came into the store because there was a receipt fail on the pumps. I offered her a soda or coffee any size she liked. She was amazed that we would do something this small for her. She went on about how she must be getting punked and where were the cameras. I told her this is just something nice we do when the pump doesn't give out receipts and you have to walk in to retrieve it. She had such a great smile from this small act of kindness. She left smiling. She was a corrections officer at the local prison. Now you know they don't always have the best days dealing with others who see them as just another authority figure.
     So you see what a small act of kindness can give someone. Mother Morrigan can show us that even though she is one who is a battle queen not all battles need to be won through war. Small acts of kindnesses show us a way to avoid war and battles.

No comments:

Post a Comment